Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction
Time & Location
About the Event
Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction: All Subjects, All grades
July 10th, 17th 2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm and 3:30 to 5:30 pm GMT +8.
A Zoom link will be emailed closer to the date.
The following questions will guide the workshops:
- How is knowledge structured and how can we utilize that structure to develop the
- How can we move to a three-dimensional curriculum and instruction model that allows us to compact the overloaded curriculum, and teach both factual and conceptual knowledge with greater depth and rigour?
- What is a conceptual lens and how can we use it to develop higher levels of thinking and increased motivation for earning?
- How can we design instruction to achieve synergistic thinking between the factual and conceptual levels of knowledge and understanding?
- How do we scaffold thinking to deeper levels?
- How do we develop different kinds of guiding questions to path student thinking from the factual to the conceptual level of understanding? What does concept-based instruction “look like” in the classroom?
After this workshop you will be able to:
Understand the concept-based model for your subject area
Write quality generalizations and guiding questions.
Use a unit web to plan a concept-based unit.
Design engaging, rich learning experiences for your students.
Use formative assessment strategies to inform teaching and learning.
Create unit plans that focus on deep conceptual understanding
- Concept-Based Curriculum$450$4500$0