Sat, Jul 10|
Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction 2021
This is a live synchronous virtual workshop that will be held over two Saturdays July 10th and 17th 2021 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm and 3:30 to 5:30 pm GMT +8. This workshop is suitable for all subject areas for educators from pre-K to 12.
Time & Location
Jul 10, 2021, 1:00 PM – Jul 17, 2021, 5:30 PM
About the Event
Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction: All Subjects, All grades
July 10th, 17th 2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm and 3:30 to 5:30 pm GMT +8.
A Zoom link will be emailed closer to the date.
The following questions will guide the workshops:
- How is knowledge structured and how can we utilize that structure to develop the
- How can we move to a three-dimensional curriculum and instruction model that allows us to compact the overloaded curriculum, and teach both factual and conceptual knowledge with greater depth and rigour?
- What is a conceptual lens and how can we use it to develop higher levels of thinking and increased motivation for earning?
- How can we design instruction to achieve synergistic thinking between the factual and conceptual levels of knowledge and understanding?
- How do we scaffold thinking to deeper levels?
- How do we develop different kinds of guiding questions to path student thinking from the factual to the conceptual level of understanding? What does concept-based instruction “look like” in the classroom?
After this workshop you will be able to:
Understand the concept-based model for your subject area
Write quality generalizations and guiding questions.
Use a unit web to plan a concept-based unit.
Design engaging, rich learning experiences for your students.
Use formative assessment strategies to inform teaching and learning.
Create unit plans that focus on deep conceptual understanding
July 10th, July 17th 2021 1:00 - 3:00 pm 3:30 - 5:30 pm GMT +8