Sat, Oct 09|
Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction Level 1
This is a live synchronous virtual workshop that will be held over two Saturdays October 9th, 16th 2021 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT +8. Frankfurt 8:00 am | Dubai 10:00 am | India 11.30 am | Hong Kong 2:00 pm | Melbourne . This workshop is suitable for all subject areas for educators from pre-K to 12.
Time & Location
Oct 09, 2021, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT+8
About the Event
Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction: All Subjects, All grades
October 9th, 16th 2021
Two Saturdays 2:00 pm 6:00 pm GMT +8 with a 20 min break
Frankfurt 8:00 am | Dubai 10:00 am | India 11.30 am | Hong Kong 2:00 pm | Melbourne 5:00 pm
A Zoom link will be emailed closer to the date.
The following questions will guide the workshops:
- How is knowledge structured and how can we utilize that structure to develop the
- How can we move to a three-dimensional curriculum and instruction model that allows us to compact the overloaded curriculum, and teach both factual and conceptual knowledge with greater depth and rigour?
- What is a conceptual lens and how can we use it to develop higher levels of thinking and increased motivation for earning?
- How can we design instruction to achieve synergistic thinking between the factual and conceptual levels of knowledge and understanding?
- How do we scaffold thinking to deeper levels?
- How do we develop different kinds of guiding questions to path student thinking from the factual to the conceptual level of understanding? What does concept-based instruction “look like” in the classroom?
After this workshop you will be able to:
Understand the concept-based model for your subject area
Write quality generalizations and guiding questions.
Use a unit web to plan a concept-based unit.
Design engaging, rich learning experiences for your students.
Use formative assessment strategies to inform teaching and learning.
Create unit plans that focus on deep conceptual understanding
-Live Synchronous Workshop October 9th, 16th 2021 2:00 - 6:00 pm GMT +8 with a break Frankfurt 8:00 am | Dubai 10:00 am | India 11.30 am | Hong Kong 2:00 pm | Melbourne 5:00 pm